How to Add a Live Chat Plugin to WordPress for Free
Integrating a live chat plugin to your WordPress site is simple. Follow our quick step-by-step process and connect with your web visitors within minutes.
WordPress is a content management system that fuels nearly 60% of all websites worldwide. You can easily add live chat to your site with the free Userlike plugin for WordPress.
Live chat is the perfect, modern way to build a connection with your web visitors, assist them on their customer journey and boost your conversion rate.
Looking for better customer relationships?
Test Userlike for free and chat with your customers on your website, Facebook Messenger, and Telegram.Read more
Adding Userlike to your WordPress site is simple. You’ll be up and running within minutes. Note that this plugin only works for Wordpress.org , not Wordpress.com.
So let's get to it.
- Log in to your Userlike account. If you don’t have one yet, you can create a free account .
- In the Dashboard, go to "Channels" >"Website widgets" , then select your Widget. Now head to the "Install" tab and click on "Credentials for Applications" .
- What you see here is your Widget Secret. Copy the code, then open the WordPress site in another browser tab.
- Log in to your WordPress account, then click on “Add New” under the "Plugins" menu.
- Search for the Userlike plugin , install it, then activate it.
- Go to “Settings” and paste your Userlike Widget Secret that you copied in step 3.
Remember to save your changes...
...and you're done! The chat is now visible on your WordPress site and you can start chatting by going online in the Userlike Message Center .