In the Widget Editor, you set up the behavior, wording, and design of your Chat Widget. Define how you connect with your Contacts and adapt Userlike to your business processes, corporate identity, and local data privacy regulations.
You reach the Widget Editor from the Dashboard via Unified Messaging Message settings Widgets and clicking a Widget’s name.
|General||Set name, language, and topic.|
|Appearance||Adjust the looks to your brand.|
|Wording||Craft your wording style.|
|Chat settings||Your chat logic menu.|
|Behavior||Define the chat interaction.|
|Location||See where your Contact is.|
|Tracking||Gather insights with your favorite tools.|
|Data privacy||Your privacy options.|
|Chat routing||Match questions with knowledge.|
|Advanced chat settings||Settings for edge cases.|
|Contact feedback||Gather customer insights.|
|Social||Connect your social profiles.|
|Notifications||Set up your cues.|
|Install||Implement on your website.|
Here you find your Chat Widget’s most basic properties – its name, language, and default topic.
- Give the Widget a name to distinguish it from your other Widgets.
- Adjust the language of your Widget to tailor it to different audiences.
- Select your Widget’s default topic to tag all Conversations conducted on it accordingly.
Here you define how your Widget and chat button look on your site, their style, color, and position.
- Select a themed color preset or adjust your Widget’s colors manually.
- Add a custom font, which will apply to all texts in your Widget.
- Choose a button profile to define how prominently the chat button should be displayed for desktop or mobile visitors on your website.
- Control the chat button’s lateral alignment by toggling its position and offset.
- Choose between our round and our square button style.
- Set a text to be displayed on the big flyout chat button when your chat is online.
Here you can customize the text that is displayed in your Widget depending on its chat mode and behavior settings. Use the dropdown menu to reach all settings.
- **Chat:** Texts displayed in all chat modes.
- **Register Mode:** Texts displayed in Register Mode.
- **Data Privacy:** Texts only displayed in Data Privacy Mode, including the data privacy notice, which you can enable under **Chat > Behavior**.
- **Notifications:** Notifications for the Contact only displayed in certain modes.
- **Transcripts:** Texts of the email containing the Conversation transcript, which is sent to Contacts after a chat.
- **Authentication:** Texts of the authentication process for returning Contacts.
|Responding Operator’s name|
|Contact’s email address|
|Contact’s location (city)|
|Contact’s location (country)|
Here you define how your Widget interacts with your Contacts. Open the following sections via the dropdown menu.
- **Behavior:** Define how a Conversation should start and run, adjust its data privacy settings, and enable screenshots, tracking, and Conversation transcripts.
- **Routing:** Select routing modes to connect your Contact to the right Operator.
- **Advanced:** Adjust detail settings on cookies, Contact notifications, transcripts and links.
Here you configure how a chat between you and your Contact is started.
All our chat modes allow you to prevent new Conversations when no Operator is available, for example outside of your service time, which you can adjust in the section below **Approach**. Also, if you enable **Passive Connect**, the chat will only start once the Contact writes a first message, helping you filter out empty chats.
The default chat mode. Any Contact can immediately start a chat by clicking the chat button.
Any Contact can start a chat after filling in a name and email address. This is a powerful feature to collect leads and filter for high-quality chats. Keep the registration optional if you want to also offer support to Contacts not willing to leave their data.
The Widget automatically pops up to the Contact with a message when she has spent a certain amount of time on your website. An Operator is notified once the Contact responds to your automatic greeting.
Combine **Proactive and Registration Mode** to make your Widget pop up after a certain time and request Contacts to register.
We support two different technologies to identify your Contact’s location and thereby provide a more personal support. You can gather locations via our backend or the Contact’s browser. The latter is more precise.
- **Disabled:** You don’t gather your Contact’s location.
- **Geolocation IP:** You estimate your Contact’s location based on her IP address.
- **Geolocation Browser API:** Your Contact’s location is determined through her browser API. This is accurate but the Contact needs to grant permission. If she doesn’t or her browser doesn’t support the feature, the location lookup will fall back to Geolocation IP.
Activate third-party tracking by Google Analytics, Matomo, Kissmetrics, or Mixpanel on your Widget to analyze its performance on your website.
Here you find the data privacy settings of your Chat Widget. They apply in all chat modes and help you adhere to your local data privacy regulations.
- **Don’t gather personal data** from your Contacts except for data they provide themselves, for example in Registration Mode.
- Show a data privacy notice before the chat to request your Contacts’ consent. Customize the text under **Wording > Data Privacy**.
Here you define how an Operator is selected to receive an incoming chat from your Contact. This helps you connect your Contacts to the best-suited Operators.
- **Default setting:** The chat is routed to an Operator from an Operator Group that you define.
- **Group Select:** Before the chat, your Contact chooses an Operator Group from a selection of Groups that you define.
- **Skills:** Your Contact is routed to an Operator who possesses a skill set that matches the one you define for this Widget.
Here you can fine-tune your Chat Widget with additional settings:
- Set a time after which your Contacts’ cookies expire. This also defines how long our system recognizes them and when they will have to reauthenticate themselves in order to regain access to their Conversation history.
- Set a time after which chats are considered inactive. This also defines when the Conversation transcript is sent, add-ons are triggered, and the responding Operator’s chat slot is freed up.
- Enable wildcard cookies if you want to use the Chat Widget on multiple subdomains.
- Adjust your Contacts’ notification settings for a more subtle or a more engaging approach.
- Let Userlike automatically delete empty Conversation transcripts.
- Adjust how links sent in Conversations are opened.
- Set up a tracking callback for custom tracking of Chat Widget events.
- Hide the **The Userlike Way** label.
- Enable the survey before the Conversation to gather information about the Contact’s type of request.
- Enable the survey after the Conversation to gather the Contact’s opinion on your support performance.
- Customize the texts of both survey types.
- Enable this feature and adjust the text to invite your Contacts to rate your service.
- Review your chat ratings in the Dashboard under **Analytics**.
In this tab you can connect your Chat Widget with your social media channels, so your Contacts can like you on Facebook or follow you on Twitter during a Conversation. In Registration Mode you can also allow your Contacts to register in the chat using their Facebook account. Learn more in this tutorial.
Here you can define global notification settings for your Operators and Contacts. Note that the Operator notifications set here only apply to events that the relevant Operators have subscribed to in their profile settings.
- **Emails:** Send email notifications for chat events of this Widget to all Operators.
- **Email to Group only:** Send email notifications only to Operators within the main Operator Group assigned to this Widget.
- **Browser notifications:** Send browser notifications for chat events of this Widget to all Operators.
- **Add-ons:** Trigger add-on events on this Chat Widget for all enabled add-ons.
- Notify Contacts about unread messages via email.
Here you find everything you need to integrate the Chat Widget into your website, deploy it in one of our third party plugins, or run it via an external application.
- **Credentials for applications:** Find your Widget credentials, the app key and Widget secret, which you need for our third party plugins and applications.
- **External applications:** Install Userlike through external applications.